Career Transitions has been very fortunate to have involvement from the Belgrade Community on our board of directors. Mike O’Donnell has served on the board and as past board chair during his total of 14 years. We will miss his input.
Joining the board are: Debbie Brumley of 1st Security Bank and Shanna Smith, Assistant Principal at Belgrade High School. Continuing terms on the board are Thersia Hancock, retired; Cheri Johnson, Security Officer, 1st Security Bank; Shaina Chepulis from THRIVE,; Peggy Lucas, self-employed and Tracy Johnson from Central Insurance Agency.
Thanks to Thersia Hancock for serving as Past Board Chair and to Cheri Johnson and Shaina Chepulis who will serve as Co-Presidents for the next year. Tracy Johnson has taken the position of Secretary-Treasurer.
Career Transitions has received a very generous donation of $5000 from 1st Security Bank. The donation is in addition to their annual Blue Jean Friday contributions. Both donations are used to support those needing services at CT who do not fit the criteria through our funding sources. We are able to provide training to enhance students’ abilities for career advancement and employment through the contributions like these. We are always aware of how important these donations are in the lives of those seeking a better quality of life and are grateful.
TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families), A Program of Montana’s DPHHS (Department of Health and Human Services)
Purpose of the TANF program is to support families to:
- Be stable, able to work and financially secure
Client Advocates of Career Transitions use the Family Bridge Model in an approach that:
- Is person centric, using person-centered planning and self-directions
- Leverages individual strengths and desires, allowing flexibility
- Addresses unique barriers with employability plans
Families will seek services and build a plan in partnership with their client advocate, achieving goals that meet or exceed the stability threshold on the Family Bridge Model and will no longer be dependent on public assistance at the end of their journey
Enrollment is now open for quick turnaround training with Career Transitions. Learn a new skill! Find a new job! Career Transitions offers computer classes including the Introduction to Computers, Computer Basics for Seniors, Microsoft Word & Excel, Bookkeeping, QuickBooks, Mastering Payroll, Adult Literacy Assessment, HiSET (GED) Preparation, the TABE, Certified Nurse Assistant training, First Aid /CPR and Commercial Driver’s License classes. Call us today to sign up: 388.6701 x 110 or email@example.com.
Categories: Bookkeeping, CDL, Certified Nursing Assistant, Computer Security, CPR, First Aid, HiSET Preparation, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Quickbooks
Tags: adult education, Career Transitions, cdl, Certified Nursing Assistant, classes, Commercial Drivers License, GED, nursing, quickbooks, Training, truck driving training
This one-on-one tutorial provides hands-on instruction to help seniors to operate their laptops for their own specific needs. They will learn how to send and receive emails, perform internet searches, keep computers secure and customize computer settings. Through this tutoring students will learn new, relevant skills at their own pace. Students will learn how to use their computers effectively and safely. The class is held for one session of 2 hours with a free follow-up lab of one hour.
Students must provide their own laptop.
With guidance from the instructor, students can select from the following skills as needed:
- Identify and use the basic computer parts: keyboard, monitor, mouse and/or touchpad
- Navigate the computer screen creating shortcuts to frequently used programs
- Identify the basic tools when creating documents: to save, undo, redo, spell check and print
- Organize files and photos
- Compose emails, attach documents, and send and receive emails & documents
- Learn how to do an internet search and save searches for future use
- Learn how to customize settings, such as maximizing font/type size and contrast and adjusting volume control
- Download FREE “security” basics for your computer
- Prevent and troubleshoot simple computer problems including pro-active responses to computer “freeze up”
- Finding on-line solutions and easy/free resources
- Create separate guest user sites for other family members
Class Cost: $40